Thursday 29 September 2016

Swimming Pools

Some updates on what I've been up to lately (then explanation on title):

I spent Saturday visiting this little town called Obernai!
First thing in the morning me and Claire have a little tradition that before we go on a trip, we stop at this little bakery on our street for coffee and a pastry. (Sad to report I didn't like the almond marizpan filled croissant I got - wasn't aware of the sugar filling in the middle and it was only subpar.) With pastries in hand we took the tram to the train station where we bought our 3.20$ each way tickets! How crazy is it that one of my ticket and my breakfast were basically equal price!?

Obernai didn't have anything specific to see, but we bummed around and found lots. We found a sweet play park, some crepes for lunch, and walked on (or near?) the old city wall, and I found a little hidden nature spot!
HYPE! GOOD DAY! Here's cute pictures of us being cute!

Crew fresh off the train (minus Kaelan)

A bunch of touristy nerds enjoying being nerdy:)

Found a hunk 

City walls make for good picture spots

Outside the old wall

Nature spot! Behind the outermost wall and down a ditch

THIS IS THE KITTY I FOUND! I FED IT COOKIES! I PET IT! I NEARLY TOOK IT HOME!

MHM get in ma belly!! (Actually the cheese was really too much and I only ate half But SHH DON'T TELL THE CHEF I LIED AND SAID IT WAS GREAT)

I'm the fool on the left, Natasha is the fool on the right, Momma Claire is supervising. 

Cute wall, cute trees, cuties 



On to the meat and potatoes of this blog:  What has the last week in the life of Emma looked like? Well....

Swimming Pools (click those blue words)

Really identifying with Kendrick right now. Saturday night we went out to party in Kelh, Germany (the city that is the Riverview to my Moncton). We've heard since basically day one about how crazy the German night clubs are and let me tell you, we were NOT disappointed! I'll take more pictures next time I go, but this place was beyond cool. There was a red carpet that we walked in on, and then when you got inside the whole place was full of red and purple glow lights. A few notable things are that the music was 10/10 excellent, the DJ literally did not play one bad song, and everything blended from song to song and time just melted away. Another thing I remember thinking is how gorgeous all the staff were! To get an idea of what I mean, think about what it would be like if Hollister opened a bar.
smoke and disco ball and very happy Emma

One other thing, we took to shuttle to the Gold Club, which comes home at the earliest at 4 am. I took a page out of Uncle James's Vegas advice book and hit the vodka redbulls in anticipation of my late / early parting needs. Between the caffeine and the vodka I was buzzin, and the music was so none of us could hear for a good 15 minutes after we left. But the whole thing was so fun! They had sparklers and confetti and fog and it was like living in a magic party snowglobe.

We're going back to the Gold Club this weekend and I am already hyped about it! I promise I'll try do better with pictures next time (no guarantees). 

Went to bed at 6 am Sunday, lol proceeded to do dick all the whole day.

Which brings me to the start of this week:

Monday - I don't think we drank?
Tuesday - Me and Natasha finished the vodka redbulls and people watched in the quad
Wednesday - Apparently Wednesday is Irish Pub night in my hallway?! (*not sure on the authenticity of "Irish") Elizabeth and Natasha came over, we missed the pub since we turned the wrong way and by the time we turned around the crew was leaving. So we went out to the Living Room where we found an out of touch DJ and some drunk 15 year olds, promptly hid in their bathroom discussing better options, ended up striking out and going home. 
Thursday (today) - Going to go out to this place the Mount A kids from last year said was good, also have tickets for free drinks
Friday - Going to drink wine in the park (it's Friday tradition, we can't not)
Saturday - Going back to Gold Club 
Sunday - recovering and facetiming y'all

Sorry, liver. 






No comments:

Post a Comment