Monday 14 November 2016

The Little Things

I thought I'd make a blog ot show everyone all of the little details that are different here. Most of these stood out more at the start of the year than they used to, but they're all just little things that made me say "Hey!" 

So here are the some of the normal things here that aren't normal back home:


There is NO HONEY AT STARBUCKS. Honey is necessary at Starbucks. When mom was here and sick, I tried to find honey for her green tea - no luck. More importantly, how am I supposed to swipe honey and bring it home with me after paying 7 euros (~10 Canadian dollars) for a drink?

Here's what the plugs look like:



Here's what the light switches look like:



Bread is seriously cheap - I always imagined the reason is because of Marie Antoinette saying "let them eat cake" and that to this day the French are telling her to shove it by making bread extra affordable. But you can buy these packs of 4 baguettes for around a euro (they aren't very filling though).

Nanny, aunt vi and and aunt jean - sorry for making part of your carts, they're super popular here! Apparently you girls are just ahead of the curve. 



When we're travelling buses generally take twice as long and cost half as much as trains. 

Generally people really do smoke more here, like chimneys, and sometimes indoors. Yuck. :-(

If I think of more tiny differences I'll add them here. Barcelona blog soon to come!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment